19 October 2022
#AGEC22 Mini Challenge 3 is here!
Can we hear a little commotion for the Mobile Tablet that’s up for grabs!
Ready for another incredible opportunity to gain more knowledge and skill while earning fantastic prizes?! We thought you might be! #AGEC2022 is back with yet another Mini Challenge for the movers and the shakers! And after the quality we saw in the last challenge, we can’t wait to see what you produce with this one!
What’s so special about Mini Challenge 3, you ask? We are thrilled to bring you along on this new and exciting chapter, launching this next awesome Mini Challenge 3 directly on TikTok! We can’t wait to connect with all of you on this platform as well 😊
Already on TikTok and ready to turn your likes and engagement into an amazing opportunity to win big in this AGEC Challenge 3? Well, there is no better time than the present! Don’t have a TikTok account yet? Create one and join us: agec_za – you don’t want to miss out on this one!
This Mini Challenge 3 runs for 2 weeks, officially starting today, Wednesday 19 October, until midnight, Wednesday, 9 November.
Here’s everything you need to know about the AGEC Challenge 3.
- How it works
- Skills we’re measuring
- Topic Options
- How to attempt AGEC Challenge 3
- Tips on creating your video
- Criteria for claiming a prize
During this challenge, a lucky winner with the best video – as determined by the AGEC Team – will walk away with a brand-new mobile tablet device! But that’s not all, 10 lucky learners will also receive the following cash prizes for their content value and engagement:
*There is potential for the Best Video winner to also be part of the Top 10, in which case a super lucky learner walks away with BOTH PRIZES!
Here’s how Mini Challenge 3 works:
- This is a Solo challenge – meaning you’re participating on your own instead of in pairs or groups.
- People can feature in your video, however, no more than one person can claim the video as their submission.
- Your TikTok video can be in any style that you’re most comfortable with, so feel free to be creative with this one! You can be on or off camera, use a voice-over, graphics, etc…
- Make sure that you’ve followed our TikTok account (agec_za) before submitting your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are we measuring through this challenge? Here are some of those skills:
- Self-Efficacy – believe in your own capacity to reach your goals
- Autonomy – can you think reasonably, make good decisions and act independently
- Communication Skills – how well you can get your message across
- Persuasive – how well you can involve and engage your audience
- Creativity – out of the box thinking and cool solutions or perspectives (and overall fun-to-watch video of course!)
Well, grab your devices and rush over to TikTok to create a video based on one of the following Topics. Use the following points as a guide for your video, but please do not make it a Q&A-style video.
Create a short video:
- As an entrepreneur selling or marketing a product to us
- the product can either be fictional (made up by you) or your very own product (something you have already created) and explain its benefits to us as your audience.
- Remember to give us a brief intro of yourself and what inspired this product’s concept.
- Expand on the above and add your own touch
- Your journey in the world of business:
- How did business/entrepreneurship find you? Do you happen to have a brilliant idea one day or where you always around business-savvy people – otherwise name hustlers – around you?
- When or what made you discover that you were entrepreneurial or inspired you to be?
- Expand on the above and add your own touch
- What being an entrepreneur means to you:
- What problems have you identified that you feel are worth solving and why?
- What are some of your favourite things about entrepreneurship and some realities that come with being an entrepreneur in your opinion?
- Expand on the above and add your own touch
How do I attempt it?
Once you’ve selected a topic, you’re ready for the next steps! Here’s everything you need to have covered to be eligible for winning one of the prizes:
- Step 1: Make sure you’ve registered on the Gaming Network and have a completed profile
- Step 2: Visit TikTok and create/login to your profile and ensure that you’ve followed AGEC on TikTok at agec_za.
- Step 3: With your concept decided, begin the filming and/or editing of your video in the TikTok app (or with any TikTok-friendly video creator apps.) and upload this video to your TikTok account, while making sure your post includes the following:
- A short but relevant video caption/description (character limit = 300 including hashtags)
- Hashtags for this challenge: #jointhemovement #AGEC22 #MiniChallenge3
- Tag us at agec_za on the post to make sure we’re aware of it.
- Make sure your TikTok account is public until the Challenge winners are announced! (A public profile is the default setting)
- Your video can be as long as 3 minutes, but no shorter than 1 minute, also keeping in theme with any one of the three provided concepts and generating engagement!
- Step 4: Your TikTok video must be posted online between 8 am, Wednesday 19 October and midnight Wednesday, 9 November for it to be considered for any of the prizes!
- Step 5: Garner as many likes as possible by sharing your post amongst your family and friends to receive their support, increasing your chances of ranking on the leaderboard. You can also get support from other members of the Gaming Network to gain this engagement by posting your link on there and sharing it with your connections and communities!
Tips for creating your video
As you are already aware, people on social media need to be captivated by a video within the first 5 seconds of the video before fully engaging in the content! So, as you start to brainstorm on your chosen concept for this challenge, we want you to consider the following when creating your video:
- Is it an attention-grabbing video, piquing people’s interest throughout the video?
- How are people meant to feel when watching the video (energized, intrigued, inspired, connected)?
- This video needs to very clearly communicate your selected concept and message.
- Does this video highlight some of your strengths, whether it be your communication skills, persuasion skills, creative skills, etc…?
- It needs to be able to generate engagement on the post for you to rank on that leaderboard!
The TikTok technicalities that will help you create a great video:
- TikTok is compatible with .MP4 and .MOV videos
- Vertical aspect ratio (9:16) is most popular and most preferred
- Resolutions: try stick to 1080 x 1920 otherwise no less than 720 x 980 to prevent blurriness
- Currently the limit on characters used in video caption/description is 300 max (including hashtags)
- Currently the limit on video length is 3 minutes
How to claim your prize
Remember, there are cash vouchers up for grabs for the Top 10 videos with the highest engagement + the GRAND PRIZE of a TABLET DEVICE for the best video (regardless of engagement received on the post) decided at the discretion of the AGEC Team – that submit their claim and meet the criteria listed below.
- Criteria 1: You MUST be registered on the Gaming Network to participate, with a fully completed profile (profile pic, entrepreneurial journey, competencies, bio, and relevant info). No prizes will be distributed to participants that are not signed up on the Gaming Network.
- Criteria 2: All participants must be between Grades 8 to 12 in a South African High School and based on TikTok community guidelines, all participants must be 13 years or older to join their platform.
- Criteria 3: Post your challenge entry video on TikTok, then follow and tag the AGEC TikTok account (agec_za) and share your post with as many people as possible to garner the highest number of likes on your video between Wednesday 19 October and Wednesday, 9 November.
- Criteria 4: You must submit only one video covering one of the 3 Topics provided and this video must be a minimum of 1 minute with the following hashtags on it:
- #jointhemovement #AGEC22 #MiniChallenge3
- Criteria 5: Send an email through to email@example.com to claim the prize on the last day of the challenge, before midnight on Wednesday, 9 November. In your email, the following must be stated:
- Your Full Name
- School Name
- Cell Number (This number will be used for cash voucher distribution so please ensure the digits are correct to avoid a prize payout to the wrong person – which will not be reimbursed if the voucher has already been withdrawn)
- Link to the TikTok video you created
- Current number of likes as seen on 9 November 2022 (please include a screenshot with the number of likes visible)
- Criteria 6: Choose your own format of video (voice over, graphics, on-camera, etc). Whatever format you’re most confident with! Whichever format you use, just make sure your video is still interesting and engaging! Be natural – have fun with it! This isn’t a pitch – look at it like a “story time” 😊
Pro Tip*: Create your own checklist from the criteria listed above to ensure you don’t miss any detail and improve your odds ranking on the leaderboard!
Now that you’re up to speed, TikTok the time is ticking let’s start creating that prize-winning content! We can’t wait to see all your videos!
Need more information or clarity? We’re happy to assist you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all queries relating to AGEC.
Good luck 😊!
The AGEC Team