01 February 2023
What’s new in the 2023 2D Entrepreneurship Challenge?
It’s that time of the year again – the much-anticipated 2D Entrepreneurship Challenge is making a comeback!
We hope you are well rested and rejuvenated after the holidays and ready for 2023 because AGEC has great things coming your way this year 😊 The 2D Game is around the corner, and we hope you are ready to build your business knowledge and skills and compete for the top spot on the leaderboard in order to win big!
By taking part in this challenge, you have the potential to master skills in the domains of Business, Finance, Marketing, and Management by completing your online journey from being a Start-up Entrepreneur to the CEO of a business.
So, get ready because you don’t want to miss out on this fantastic opportunity!
Here’s everything you need to know about gameplay this year:
Registered with your school email address and having problems?
Some of you have registered using school email addresses. Many schools prevent emails from outside organisations that have not been “authorised” from reaching you. For those who registered for AGEC using a school email address and did not receive an email with a link to complete your registration process, please follow the following steps:
- Check your Junk Mail/SPAM folder first to see if the link is there.
- If not, immediately notify your teacher or champion teacher of this issue.
- Your teacher needs to urgently contact the head of the school’s IT Department and ensure that the emails from the Allan Gray Entrepreneurship Challenge, are automatically released from “quarantine”, so that the communication reaches you, as a learner participating in AGEC21. Because this error is with your school IT system, we cannot do this for you.
- Do not create another profile using an alternative email address. You are only permitted to have one profile, which is linked to one email address.
What has changed in this year’s challenge?
- Gameplay will be live for 3-months! This means you can start and complete gameplay anytime during these 3 months, as long as you complete gameplay before 30 April 2023.
- There will be no weekly restrictions this time. Gameplay can be completed at any time – in one sit-down session or split across the 3 months. Whenever you have access to a device and an internet connection, you’re free to play the game!
- This version of the game is compatible with mobile devices, so you can play the game either on your phone, tablet or desktop/laptop devices. Users can play from either a browser or the mobile apps available for download on the App Store & Google Play Store!
- Unhappy with your points and feel you can do better? Resetting the game to start over at any point in the game is now an option! Be sure of this choice though… all game points in every Module you’ve passed will be lost.
- The Gaming Network now has automated grade updates which means your grade will change automatically on the first day of each new year. Should you need your grade changed back, please email us at email@example.com
- The game has 5 Modules and after each module, an assignment is released for you to complete and earn points. The assignments are now in the format of Multiple Choice Assignments and will no longer be teacher marked. So, choose your answers wisely.
- A Top 20 Overall – The first 20 names that appear on the 2D Game overall leaderboard will be eligible for prizes.
- An Applied Learning Challenge – Business Venture Pitching Challenge will take place where learners also stand a chance to win even bigger prizes! To qualify for the Applied Learning Challenge, learners will need to have completed the 2D Game and apply their newly gained knowledge.
- AGEC is piloting the 2D Game to TVET Colleges this year and TVET College Students will be competing amongst themselves for the Top 5 TVET spots!
- AGEC is a year-round movement. This means Entrepreneurial Challenges will be launched throughout the year. So, make sure you’re checking your emails often for communication and stay aware of the challenge timelines. Download the Learner Infographic for more details.
- Challenge Winners will be announced after gameplay results have been assessed and learners have been verified. This will be about a month after gameplay!
Participants with multiple profiles will automatically be disqualified. If there is an issue with your profile, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist 😊
Win BIG and grab one of these prizes!
R100 000 up for grabs for the Top 20 Overall in the 2D Entrepreneurship Challenge!
Top 5 Overall TVET Students in the 2D Entrepreneurship Challenge will each win R5 000 prize packages and a mobile tablet!
Applied Learning Challenge – 1st Place: R40 000 prize package
Applied Learning Challenge – 2nd & 3rd Place: R30 000 prize package each
Applied Learning Challenge – 4th & 5th Place: R18 000 prize package each
WIN during Mini Challenges and take home incredible cash vouchers and cool gadgets such as an Xbox, PlayStation, or mobile tablet!
Teachers also stand a chance to win big!
The High School Teacher facilitating the 2D Challenge with a high number of registrations and high participation rate will win the Top Teacher award and walk away with a R15 000 prize package.
The Top 5 facilitating TVET Lecturers and Coordinators of the 2D Challenge with a high number of registrations and participation rate will also win a R5 000 prize package each!
For those of you that completed matric last year and have exited high school, congratulations! While you can’t take part in the competition, there’s still loads of other learning and fun in store for you on the Gaming Network, so stay tuned. Now that you’ve successfully matriculated, your profile page on the Gaming Network should now read “Successfully Matriculated.”
For any queries, please email email@example.com